- Added AES_KEYS as a settings for encrypting OAuth secrets. Uses a sample by default, set this on a production server to something else.
- Added ES_USE_PLUGINS. Some features of Elasticsearch require installed plugins. To bypass requiring these plugins locally set this to False. On our servers this should be True.
- Added ES_DEFAULT_NUM_REPLICAS. Locally if you’re running a single Elasticsearch node you probably want to set this to 0 (zero).
- Added ES_DEFAULT_NUM_SHARDS. Locally 3 shards is sufficient.
- Removed GEOIP_NOOP, GEOIP_HOST, and GEOIP_PORT as they are no longer used.
- Added GEOIP_URL which is the fully qualified URL to your locally running geodude <https://github.com/mozilla/geodude> instance without trailing slash.
- Changed default GEOIP_DEFAULT_VAL to 'worldwide'.
- Added PACKAGED_ZIP setting, which is the base filename of the .zip containing the packaged app for the consumer-facing pages of the Marketplace.
- Removed FIREPLACE_SECRET_KEY setting since SECRET_KEY is already used for making user secrets and we need something immediately.
- Added FIREPLACE_SECRET_KEY setting, used for creating shared secrets for API login from the marketplace frontend.
- Added FIREPLACE_URL setting, for the origin URL of the Marketplace frontend.
- Removed MDN_LAZY_REFRESH setting.
- Added MDN_LAZY_REFRESH which allows you to append ?refresh to https://marketplace-dev.allizom.org/developers/ and https://marketplace-dev.allizom.org/developers/docs/ to refresh all content from MDN for the Developer Hub. In production this should always remain False.
- Added ALLOW_SELF_REVIEWS which allows you to approve/reject your own add-ons and apps. This is especially useful for testing on our staging and -dev servers. In production this should always remain False.
Added settings changelog * This will give us an area to mention new settings (and mark them as
optional) so people can look to see what has happened in settings-land.
Removed confusion (optional) * Using ‘Added’ and ‘Removed’ and ‘Changed’ as the start of your lines gives a
nice way to quickly read these.
Changed default way to find changes from ask in IRC to check the changelog * We can debate the format, but this gives us a starting point.